Man throws firecrackers over White House fence

by Reuters
Monday, 16 September 2013 22:57 GMT

WASHINGTON, Sept 16 (Reuters) - A man threw firecrackers over the White House's north fence line on Monday, just hours after a deadly shooting rampage in the U.S. capital in which 13 people died, the U.S. Secret Service said.

White House uniformed agents ordered journalists in the White House driveway inside the building after the firecrackers were thrown over the fence, a U.S. Secret Service spokesman said.

With the capital on high alert after the earlier shooting rampage, reaction to the firecrackers was immediate, with some tweeting that shots had been heard. "There have not been shots outside the White House," U.S. Secret Service spokesman Ed Donovan said.

Latest News
Comments Close
Man throws firecrackers over White House fence

We welcome comments that advance the story through relevant opinion, anecdotes, links and data. If you see a comment that you believe is irrelevant or inappropriate, you can flag it to our editors by using the report abuse links. Views expressed in the comments do not represent those of the Thomson Reuters Foundation. For more information see our Acceptable Use Policy.

comments powered by Disqus