* Any views expressed in this article are those of the author and not of Thomson Reuters Foundation.
Apne Aap Women Worldwide (India) Trust
Location: New Delhi
Closing Date: Feb 7, 2014
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apne Aap Women Worldwide (India) Trust (AAWW) currently seeks an enthusiastic, experienced and innovative Research Manager with a strong background in social science with complete grasp of quantitative and qualitative research methods. The role will provide opportunities to excel in the design, development and implementation of research studies. The position will enable and the capacity to conduct and supervise independent research.
Apne Aap Women Worldwide (India) Trust ,founded in 2002 has emerged over the past 10 years as a world leading grassroots advocacy organization dedicated to the global battle against human trafficking and has provided support to more than 15,000 women and children trapped in, or at risk of being trafficked for prostitution in India. Apne Aap advocates self-help, self-organizing and self-empowerment to dismantle the system of sex-trafficking. It collectivizes victims to rescue and serve each other and ask for access to education, safe housing, legal protection and dignified and sustainable livelihoods as basic rights. It organizes victims to speak out against the severe injustice of their own situation and the demand for purchased sex. For more information please see: www.apneaap.org.
This position is required to:
1. Contribute to the designing and conducting research focussing on a range of issues relevant to trafficking specifically sex-trafficking.
2. Contribute to using relevant research methods, analysis of complex quantitative and qualitative data and writing reports.
3. Work collaboratively within and between teams towards the realisation of shared goals.
4. Disseminate research findingsand reportsand represent the organisation in conferences, workshops, teleconferences and meetings.
5. Design and coordinate/conduct policy-relevant research on trafficking and related issues and focus on issues of exclusion where applicable.
6. Supervise and manage the research activities of the organisation.
7. Develop and maintain relations with key research institution and organisation stakeholdersto build networks through which we can share various research findings and reports.
Essential selection criteria:
- Post graduate degree in social sciences with more than 10 years of experience in research. Candidates with PhD will be given preference.
- Person having knowledge of and research experience in the following areas will be given preference and will be highly appreciated:
i)Trafficking; ii)Gender and iii) Violence against Woman.
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking qualitative or quantitative research.
- Demonstrated experience in managing research projects and functions.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including demonstrated capacity to: work effectively in a collaborative team environment; build and maintain positive professional relationships with peers, juniors and senior leadership teams;
- Demonstrated experience in engaging positively and professionally with external organisations and research stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake a variety of writing tasks (e.g. research reports, summaries, fact sheets, conference papers, literature reviews) on complex issues within tight timelines.
- Ability to write in a style and format easily understood by policy makers, researchers and other relevant stakeholders.
- Experience of qualitative and empirical research, data analysis and in writing evidence-based reports
- Good organisational and task management skills take initiative ansd ownership of tasks; and set priorities and monitor research progress and workloads to ensure timely completion of work.
- Sound knowledge of SPSS, EXCEL, Atlas-ti or Nudist
- Relevant work experience in national or international non government organisation.
- Proficient in English language. Knowledge of Hindi , Bengali or any other regional language will be added advantage.
- Ability and willingness to travel across India as and when required.
Compensation:INR6,00,000 to 8,40,000 per annum depending upon the qualification and experience and previous salary history of the candidate.
In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly mention the name of the position i.e. “Research Manager” in the subject line of your email.
Only applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Apne Aap Women Worldwide (India) Trust is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from qualified Women are especially encouraged.
People who have applied for this position earlier need not apply again.