No 'terror connection' seen so far in Fort Hood attack -U.S. official

by Reuters
Thursday, 3 April 2014 02:29 GMT

WASHINGTON, April 2 (Reuters) - The U.S. military has not gotten any indication so far that a shooting at an American military base on Wednesday was linked to a "terror" plot, a U.S. defense official said.

"So far we've seen no terror connection," the official said on condition of anonymity.

Several people were killed and at least 14 injured when a gunman opened fire at a U.S. Army base in Fort Hood, Texas, the site of another rampage in 2009, U.S. officials said. (Reporting by Missy Ryan; Editing by Lisa Shumaker)

Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.