Libyan oil port Zueitina will only open after damages assessed-minister

by Reuters
Sunday, 27 April 2014 16:41 GMT

BENGHAZI, Libya, April 27 (Reuters) - Libya's eastern oil port Zueitina will only open after damages at its facilities and its technical state have been assessed, the country's justice minister said on Sunday.

Salah al-Merghani also told reporters in the eastern city of Benghazi that a committee to investigate oil corruption had been formed, as agreed under a deal between the government and eastern rebels to end a blockage of eastern oil ports. (Reporting by Ayman al-Warfalli, Ulf Laessing and Feras Bosalum; Editing by Sonya Hepinstall)

Latest News
Comments Close
Libyan oil port Zueitina will only open after damages assessed-minister

We welcome comments that advance the story through relevant opinion, anecdotes, links and data. If you see a comment that you believe is irrelevant or inappropriate, you can flag it to our editors by using the report abuse links. Views expressed in the comments do not represent those of the Thomson Reuters Foundation. For more information see our Acceptable Use Policy.

comments powered by Disqus