BENGHAZI, Libya, May 17 (Reuters) - The death toll from clashes in the eastern Libyan city of Benghazi has risen to 43 from 19 and more than 100 people had been wounded, a Health Ministry official said on Saturday.
Fighting broke out on Friday between irregular military forces and Islamist militants. The situation was quiet on Saturday, residents said. (Reporting by Feras Bosalum, Ahmed Elumami and Ayman al-Warfalli; Writing by Ulf Laessing; Editing by Janet Lawrence)
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.