State Department says U.S. citizen detained in Yemen has died

Source: Reuters - Tue, 10 Nov 2015 19:56 GMT
Author: Reuters
hum-war hum-aid
Tweet Recommend Google + LinkedIn Email Print
Leave us a comment

WASHINGTON, Nov 10 (Reuters) - The U.S. State Department on Tuesday U.S. citizen John Hamen, one of two contractors who had been detained by Iran-backed Houthi militia in Yemen, has died.

The United Nations said earlier this month that two contractors who worked for a firm that managed U.N. facilities had been detained in Yemen's capital Sanaa. The two had been detained upon arriving from Djibouti, the United Nations said, by Houthi militia and army units loyal to Yemen's former president. (Reporting by David Alexander; Editing by Mohammad Zargham)

We welcome comments that advance the story through relevant opinion, anecdotes, links and data. If you see a comment that you believe is irrelevant or inappropriate, you can flag it to our editors by using the report abuse links. Views expressed in the comments do not represent those of the Thomson Reuters Foundation. For more information see our Acceptable Use Policy.

comments powered by Disqus