Aug 28 (Reuters) - The Russian Navy has dispatched the biggest task force to the Mediterranean Sea since the start of Russia's intervention in the Syrian conflict in September 2015, Russian daily Izvestia reported.
* The task force includes 10 ships and two submarines
* Most of the ships carry 'Kalibr' cruise missiles
* Several more ships are on their way to join the task force
* Izvestia cites military experts as saying the fleet will be able to support the Syrian army's campaign in rebel-held Idlib Province
* Russia intervened in the Syrian Civil War in 2015 backing the government of President Bashar al-Assad -- Source link: (http://bit.ly/2ohPyGU) -- Note: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy (Reporting by Moscow newsroom)
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.