CAIRO, May 8 (Reuters) - Saudi-led forces warned civilians that Yemen's Saada province would be a military target as of Friday evening, Saudi state television Al Ekhbariya reported.
The leadership of the coalition asked all civilians to leave the province, a stronghold of the Iranian-backed Houthi rebels, by 7 pm local time, the station said.
Saudi Arabia said Thursday it would respond forcefully to cross-border Houthi attacks that started on Tuesday, and has targeted the province with air strikes since then.
(Reporting By Omar Fahmy; Writing By Maha El Dahan; editing by John Stonestreet)
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.