(Repeats to additional subscribers. Recasts with comment from French justice sources)
WASHINGTON, Nov 17 (Reuters) - French authorities are seeking several more suspects involved in the Paris attacks last week but have not identified any other specific fugitive who may have been directly involved, a justice official said on Tuesday.
The Associated Press cited three French officials who spoke on condition of anonymity as saying investigators were hunting for a second fugitive they believed was directly involved in last Friday's attacks but who had not been identified.
The AP story said a Nov. 13 analysis of the shootings and bombings showed that one attacker had not been accounted for, in addition to Salah Abdeslam, 26, a Belgian-based Frenchman, who is on the run and is wanted on an international arrest warrant.
A justice official told Reuters: "We are in the process of determining how many there may have been. Nothing is ruled out. There's a very strong theory that there was one more, but there may have been even more." (Reporting by Chine Labbe, Timothy Ahmann and Susan Heavey; Editing by Jonathan Oatis and Paul Taylor)
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.